Re: fwmarks usage

Subject: Re: fwmarks usage
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:51:19 -0500
Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:

> The line should look like :
>
> virtual_server fwmark 1 {
>
> That's all. There is so IP information anymore when you use FWM mechanism.
>
> Hopefully, you didn't have time to put it in the HOWTOs, did you ?

I haven't setup an LVS using keepalived, so at the time I didn't know
the syntax. I've since looked at it more closely and see what you've
done. There is an example of using fwmark in samples/keepalived.conf.fwmark.
Also the next version of keepalived will have a man page which might help.

Alexandre,

The file samples/keepalived.conf.virtual_server_group has

virtual_server_group VSG_1 {
        10.0.0.1 8080
        10.0.0.2 80
        192.168.200.1 1358
        192.168.200.3-10 80
        fwmark 1
        fwmark 2
}

Does this mean that any packets arriving on the director with
those IP:port combinations or those fwmarks will be forwarded
to the realservers in the sections below?

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx