Re: Problems with LVS TUN and adsl running NAT

Subject: Re: Problems with LVS TUN and adsl running NAT
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 07:20:16 -0500
"Viperman .::." wrote:

> my director and real servers are on different networks, thats why I use TUN.
> director and real server are on different countries, so i can only use LVS
> TUN.
>
> same thing happens when I use telnet as client. no matter what port I use, i
> always get the same result.
>
> i DO have forwarding enabled (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forwarding file reads
> 1).
> on this same server, if I put 2 adsl lines with fixed ips and no NAT it does
> work fine. my problems start when I have NAT on the adsl modems.
>
> what do you mean with "changing the forward method"? sorry, i didn't
> understand that.

LVS-NAT, LVS-DR, LVS-Tun

what happens with a local client (one not coming through the modem)?

can you get any LVS to work? Going from at working setup to the setup that you
want to use, at what step does it stop working?

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx