RE: Keepalived and Zebra

To: Alexandre Cassen <Alexandre.Cassen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Keepalived and Zebra
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: keepalived-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John Reuning <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 18:53:57 -0500 (EST)
I'll have to check with the network folks to see which model the router
is.  But, essentially, sending icmp echo requests to the router interface
seemed to be the quickest way to get the arp tables updated.  tcpdump
showed keepalived sending gratuitous arp packets, but the router continued
sending traffic to the old hardware address.  After sending a couple of
icmp packets with the source ip address and the updated hardware address,
all was well.

It's an older version of keepalived, though, 1.0.3.  Maybe this is a
problem that's been fixed in a newer version.  The version I use works, so
there's been no pressure to upgrade. :-)

Thanks,

-jrr