LVS hangs in SYN_RECV state

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: LVS hangs in SYN_RECV state
From: "comcast" <serhan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:43:04 -0500
Hi,
I have a slight problem with lvs which I'm having hard time to
understand.
An lvs-nat director running 2.4.20 ipvs patched kernel supported by
keepalived 1.1.0.
2 Realservers are win2k running IIS. (web and ssl) After some serious
testing I made the director online on last Thursday, it ran for four
days without a problem until this very Monday morning.
LVS director simply stopped responding, I checked the ipvsadm and got
the following results.. (Usually ActiveConn shows around 300 - 350 in
each)

Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port               Forward Weight ActiveConn
InActConn
FWM  1 wlc persistent 2700
  -> 192.168.10.2:0                   MASQ  10      5          241
  -> 192.168.10.3:0                   MASQ  10      0          196

I also checked the connections and there were zillion rows of SYN_RECV
state , I checked the realservers, they were all running just fine..
Somehow lvs stopped communicating with real servers.. I restarted
keepalived but no good.

Why would a running system fail without any notice, considering the fact
that I didn't change *anything* at all.
TIA