Re: [patch] Re: ldirectord and DNS

Subject: Re: [patch] Re: ldirectord and DNS
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 19:06:02 +0900
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:32:53PM -0800, Tim Hasson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The attached patch gets around the problem with ldirectord not doing any udp
> checks, by using Net::DNS to test if the DNS server is resolving.
>
> You cannot simply just do a udp connect check, as udp is connectionless :)
> That is why ldirectord will always keep all real servers on any udp service,
> regardless of the service status.
>
> So, you just basically install Net::DNS from cpan, and apply the attached
> patch to /usr/sbin/ldirectord
>
> You can change www.test.com in the patch or in ldirectord after you applied
> the patch if you need to specify an internal domain or something else.
>
> The patch applied to several ldirectord versions cleanly, including the
> latest
> from ultramonkey heartbeat-ldirectord-1.0.4.rpm (I believe it was ldirectord
> 1.76)

Hi Tim,

Sorry for taking so long to get to this. I have put it into CVS just
now. Version 1.80 includes the change. I made a modification to make use
of the request and receive configuation parameters to determine which
DNS request to send, and what to expect back.

http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/linux-ha/ldirectord/ldirectord?rev=1.80
http://cvs.linux-ha.org/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/~checkout~/linux-ha/ldirectord/ldirectord.cf?rev=1.23

--
Horms