RE: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client

Subject: RE: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:21:29 -0800
Hello Nigel,

Nice use of tee, one of my more favorite little GNU programs :).  Is watch
GNU?  I see it is on my 2.2 linux server.

>       When I make a request from the client I can now clearly see the
> InActConn count going up but never the ActConn.

It doesn't go active because the realserver never gets the request; the
connection stays at SYN.

>       But now I've run out of ideas on what to try next? Any
> help would be much appreciated?

Packets aren't making it to the realserver *or* aren't leaving the director.
Check the director to see if packets from the client are leaving it to go to
the real server.  You might also want to check ARP at the director in case
there is a problem.

Somewhere in the marc.theaimsgroup.com : linux virtual server listing there
is a 9-step HOWTO from Julian Anastasov that is extrordinarily helpful.   I
couldn't find it in 5 minutes of perusal, but you might want to try a more
detailed search.  If you find it you will be glad you looked for it.

---