LVS with kernel 2.4.23 crashed

Subject: LVS with kernel 2.4.23 crashed
From: "Brett E." <brettspamacct@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:34:19 -0800
The primary went down, the backup took over thanks to keepalived, but it immediately went down as well.

kdb appeared on both machines briefly, I saw that the coredump was in the netfilter code. As I tried to figure out how to get the entier backtrace ("bt | more?") both machines locked up. I can't find anything in the logs.

It was experiencing high load.

It looks like the bug happened due to the traffic given that both machines locked up.

Are there any known bugs in IPVS shipped w/ 2.4.23 which could cause this, if so which ones? I would like to justify replacing the commercial load balancer but I can only do this if I can explain why LVS failed.