Ultramonkey? No more Monkey Business.

Subject: Ultramonkey? No more Monkey Business.
From: Nigel Hamilton <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:07:33 -0600 (CST)
HI,

        I'm both delighted and infuriated to report that my minimal
configuration of one Director and one Real Server using IPIP tunneling is
now working.

        It appears that all I needed to do was enable tunl0 on the Real
Server with the following command:

[root@realserver] /sbin/ifconfig tunl0 VIP netmask 255.255.255.255

        Thanks to Peter, Julian, Joseph and Horms for their help both
indirectly and directly to get me to this point - I'm delighted. :-)

        I can see from the mailing list and documentation that all you
guys have made great efforts to keep this technology and it's community
thriving - thank you!

        However, I can't help thinking that I've wasted your time and my
own time because the documentation has let me down. I've spent over 10
days trying to fix this problem, trawling the documentation, downloading
packet sniffing software, background reading on TCP/IP networking etc.

        The sad truth is, the whole time I was one command away from
getting it working ... and this is a little bit infuriating. :-(

        I must admit I was very confused from the beginning about the
relationship between UltraMonkey and LinuxVirtualServer.org? I think it
would be worthwhile to have this explained upfront with any disclaimers
that may be required.

        I've purposefully annotated my emails to show where the newbie
user like myself may get confused and I hope you can use this to help
other users.

Thanks again,

Nigel

--