Re: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client

Subject: Re: Ultramonkey/LVS-TUN connection stalls on client
From: Nigel Hamilton <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 02:47:27 -0600 (CST)
> > >   But I've followed the UltraMonkey installation instructions
> > > word-for-word and there has been no mention of a tunl0 device. Is
> > > tunl0 the equivalent of lo:0 in the UltraMonkey docs?
> >
> > Looks like Horms gets to update his docs, thanks for being his guinea pig
> > :).  (BTW patches for documentation accepted..)
>
> Ultra Monkey makes no reference on using LVS-TUN, it is not incuded in
> the documentation, and at this stage I have no plans to add it. If you
> would like to write documentation for a new topology that includes
> LVS-TUN I would consider it. But frankly, Ultra Monkey is aimed at load
> balancing on a LAN, I am yet to see a situation where LVS-TUN is needed
> for that.

HI Horms,

        I think it would be great for the ultramonkey newbie to see this
mentioned somewhere.

        One of the reasons I went with Ultramonkey was a glowing report
from one of the users at my ISP - balancing may need to go across more
than one LAN in multiple data centers. I assumed they used TUN.

        As it turns out I'm still trying to get this to work. When I added
an extra RealServer the connection to the first RealServer died.

NIgel

--
Nigel Hamilton
Turbo10 Metasearch Engine