VRRP Setup

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: VRRP Setup
From: Bubba Parker <sysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:01:07 -0600
I'm trying to get VRRP setup between two boxes, and I'm having trouble
getting it setup. Let me explain the two boxes:

Box 1:
  eth0 has ip 10.0.0.2
  eth0:0 has ip 209.218.71.4
  eth0:1 has ip 209.218.71.5
  eth0:2 has ip 209.218.71.6

Box 2:
  eth0 has ip 10.0.0.10
  eth0:0 has ip 209.218.71.14 (this ip can go away if necessary)

I want Box 1 to always be the preferred server unless it goes down, then
immediately switch to Box 2, and when Box 1 comes back up, start using
it again. I don't want Box 2 to be used at all unless Box 1 ever goes
down. So far I've not had ANY luck getting keepalived setup to do this.
I'm using kernel 2.4.25 on everything with IPVS 1.0.10. Can someone
please give me an example config for both boxes that would accomplish
this? I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks.

--
Bubba Parker