Re: Samba / LVS

Subject: Re: Samba / LVS
From: "Lapin(c)" <lapin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 23:24:16 +0100
I just tried to make samba real servers blind with iptables rules.
their only visible mahines are an LDAP server and the director.

it still have some drawbacks (that are not yet documented in the draft) but I manage to authenticate against 2 samba real servers and I manage to access shares on each of them (directly in their FS). now is the problem of sync for the shares, I thought about a SAN, or some DRBD cross definition. still to explore.

I've started reading Fred's doc, but haven't figured out how he does it yet.
If Fred has this working, then he's acheived a long sought after goal of
making highly available samba clustering

(see
http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services.single-port.html#samba
for problems that have stopped people from achieving this)