Re: In scheduling algorithm (lblc)

Subject: Re: In scheduling algorithm (lblc)
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:14:11 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, [ks_c_5601-1987] 茄版侥 wrote:

> I have curious thing to test scheduling algorithms
>
> The thing is what is lblc use destination hash?
>
> If lblc use dh, lblc = dh + lc ?

Maybe lblc = dh + wlc.

> And then which algorithm do first step between dh and lc.

It's not which one first which one next, I think they are mixed one.

/*
 * The lblc algorithm is as follows (pseudo code):
 *
 *       if cachenode[dest_ip] is null then
 *               n, cachenode[dest_ip] <- {weighted least-conn node};
 *       else
 *               n <- cachenode[dest_ip];
 *               if (n is dead) OR
 *                  (n.conns>n.weight AND
 *                   there is a node m with m.conns<m.weight/2) then
 *                 n, cachenode[dest_ip] <- {weighted least-conn node};
 *
 *       return n;
 *
 */

> At first time test lblc I thought lc is first step and dh is next,

Well, if there is no mapping entry, then wlc is used first.

> But if lc is first step, lblc also grouping server set like lblcr.

Hm. The difference between lblc and lblcr is that cachenode[dest_ip] in
lblc is a server, and cachenode[dest_ip] in lblcr is a server set.

Regards,

Wensong