RE: Network Storage on a Virtual Server Setup

To: "lvs-users" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Network Storage on a Virtual Server Setup
From: "Giuliano Gigli" <gbgigli_ha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:49:13 -0300
> Is it possible to have all the servers in the virtual server setup
use
> the same storage media, such as an external  RAID box or

If you're asking this question then probably the answer would be no.
It's
not easy.  Don't go shared-scsi!

> such.?  Or, do
> all the servers in the group have to mirror each other in terms of
> storage?

Maybe DRDB, NFS, or what most of us use -- rsync -- will do the trick
for
you.  Most of us like local drives that have updates pushed or pulled
via
rsync to reduce complexity and points of failure.

Good Morning Friends .
Im a new member on these list. Hope i can learn a lot from u all.
About this subject.... This year im going to make a graduation project with the
subject of High Availability and LVS.
Im planning to make a project with these design :
2  Computers running as the Virtual Server with HA (Heartbeat and DRDB) .
3 - 4  Real Servers - Using IDE Disks, since I cant afford for external storage
and the university dont have it.
So ... last weeks i was reading a lot of things about HA and LVS integration...
My point is the same that Ron is asking ....
How can i make the replication on these 3 Real Servers since its going to use
IDE Disks. Does Rsync makes the job on this case  ? Is there any other method
available ?
On this scenario should i have a "Master Server" in one of this 3 Servers ? So
i make all the alterations on this one, then replication process starts from
this Master to the other 2 servers ? Is that right or i dont need a "master"
one?
I was searching for some good documentation on using rsync on this scenario,
but didnt find anything. Any docs u guys can indicate me?
Any help about replication methods to use on this case are very welcome and
will help a lot .
Thanks in advance for the help.
Giuliano Gigli