kernel 2.4/2.6 ipvs version question

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: kernel 2.4/2.6 ipvs version question
From: John Reuning <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 23:15:55 -0500
I have a followup ipvs version question that was raised about a month
ago but not fully covered.

I've been happily using ipvs 1.0.10 on the RHEL 2.1 2.4.9 series
kernels.  Upgrading is always a risk, so I'm curious if the ipvs 1.2.0
in the 2.6.4 kernel is stable enough for production use.  Anyone have
experience?

The upgrade process for me will involve backporting the 1.2.0 code to
the 2.4 kernel, then meshing it with the 2.6 changes RH has made to its
RHEL 3 2.4.21 kernels.

I'm curious about the ipvs version in the 2.4.25 kernel.  It appears to
be the 1.0.10 code with a couple of differences between that and the
1.0.10 release tarball.  Can someone who is familiar with the kernel
merging process confirm this?  Are these differences older code or bug
fixes?

Many thanks,

-jrr