courier-imap with lvs-dr

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: courier-imap with lvs-dr
From: "Salah J." <salahjalal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 23:18:30 -0800 (PST)
I have a standalone courier-imap 2.2.1 serving 60K
email boxes. Maildir was created for existing email
boxes by running
"/usr/lib/courier-imap/bin/maildirmake $home/Maildir".

I'm planning to setup up another courier-imap server
and use lvs-dr to load balance between the existing
courier-map server and the new one. Finished setting
the second courier-imap server and lvs-dr
successfully. I exported the existing Maildir in the
existing courier server and mounted it in the new
server.  In the new courier server I created same
users with a maildir home as a symbolic link file
pointing to the mounted maildir directory.

While popping from both pop servers, each server
deliver same messages and ended up in having duplicate
messages.

Any idea why both servers deliver same messages while
they are sharing the same maildir?

-Salah