quick connection then wait but for what?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: quick connection then wait but for what?
From: beooi alex <beooia@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:27:35 +0200 (CEST)
hello,

first of all excuse me for my poor english :)

this is our lvs cluster:

                             director

                              switch

           |                                              |
web/mailserver                          webmailserver
           |                                              |

                              switch

           |                                              |
     fileserver                              databaseserver

we have a strange problem:
we don't use nor identd nor hostnamelookup but we have those symptoms...

when you request a page, the result is the same with a 1ko page or a 10 mo one,
you see connection, opening, then you wait between 1 and 3 seconds,
then everything appear very fast

we didn't have this problem before we "clustered" our installation.
we add a smart array 641 controller with 4 discs (raid10) for the fileserver.

we don't understand how this cluster can respond slower than before.

can the problem be the director (a pc 550mhz-128mo)?
can it be the default stripe size of the file server (128 ko for raid10)?
...?

thanks a lot in advance for your responses/help. :)

alex.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail