RE: Persistance with

Subject: RE: Persistance with
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:08:08 +0200
Missed this one. Here we go!

Joseph Mack :

> Randy Paries wrote:
>
> > I have written this little jsp page that sets a session if the session
> is
> > null and displays it if it is not
>
> I don't know how Tomcat works, so don't know what's happening here.

Tomcat works as all the other web servers, with poor keepalive 1.0
capabilities. It sets sessions to keep track of user environment.

> > I currently have it set on round robin for debug purpose, so I was
> expecting
>                    ^^
> > two nulls and then two sessions after that. But the session is never
> kept.
>
> There's a lot of "it"s here. You're going to have to explain what they are
> or wait for someone who knows.

Yes, IT is :). I think I have some thoughts about IT.

Randy, if you want to make a LVS for tomcat, ear me. You have to use lc (or
wlc) with persistent connections. The persistent timeout should be set at the
same amount of time as the session timeout in tomcat. If you tell us which
configuration utility you are using (keepalived, ldirectord or whatever), we
will probably be able to help you further.

François.