1 step forward - 2 steps back

Subject: 1 step forward - 2 steps back
From: "Randy Paries" <randy.paries@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:04:15 -0600
Hello All,

I thought I was starting to understand this stuff.

I sent out a question about persistence and someone was questioning?
"If you tell us which configuration utility you are using (keepalived,
ldirectord or whatever)"

I have a LVS/DR setup.

When I started looking to see "what configuration utility" I was using. Idid
not know. It appeared I am using directord. I did not have a
/etc/ha.d/ldirectord.cf

All I am setting up is load balancing for http. I have one director and two
realservers.

They were kindof working, but I was having some persistence problems.

So here are my actual questions.

1) Do I have to have ldirectord running for LVS/DR to work properly. Cause
it appears to be working with out it.

2) Do I need to have ldirectord if I want persistent connections?

3) if I need ldirectord does that also mean I need to start and config
heartbeat?

Thanks for all the help

Randy