Re: Question on LVS-NAT with multiple subnets

Subject: Re: Question on LVS-NAT with multiple subnets
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:09:43 -0500
randy hoffman wrote:

> yep I do this with lvs and with cisco css units

let's save on Hank's disks and my time, by doing a bit of editing
on the posting. There were 36 or so lines here that could have been
removed.

can you turn on line wrap too? all your paragraphs are one line that goes off
the screen

> I didn't know that LVS masquerades in both directions.

it does

>  I thought it kept the original client ip's.

it does

> All of the documentation/examples i have seen show the real servers being on
> the same network as the director's NAT'ed network.

they are

> I wanted to have other real servers on another network off of the NAT'ed
> network

you can put another DIP on the director in the other network (I expect, no-one's
tried it, if it doesn't work, the code should be fixed).

> but they have a different path out to clients.

have no idea what this means.

> I was looking for a way to force traffic back through the director.
> I guess i was asking is this feasible, or how does LVS handle it.

you'll have to tell us what "this" is

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx