Re: request for comments

Subject: Re: request for comments
From: lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:49:13 +0100 (BST)
Thanks to Gaston and Peter re hardware suppliers. I've just had a
quote from dnuk.com who seem really good. All their hardware is
linux optimised and seems good value too.

Peter, I've unfortunately already experienced the problem with the
Dell PERC 3/di raid stuff! There seems to be no fix other than replacing
hardware.

I haven't had any comments back yet on my actual plan though, which
might mean its fine, no comments, or so bad people are collapsing in
disbelief!

So, I think I will go ahead with this plan and see how it goes. I
think I will move the SSL and proxy stuff onto the middle tier to make
setup simpler. But I'll keep the list informed.

Are there any webpages out there with other peoples implementations
and ideas? Surely lots of people are using a setup just like the one I
described?

Matt

--
Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.