[no subject]

To: "'thomas.kaiblinger@xxxxxxxxx'" <thomas.kaiblinger@xxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:00:12 -0700
> the point is when I start the named daemon it has only the
> real Ip addresses and so it only listens to these addresses.
> I made a nmap portscan to show the difference:

I'm using HA for quite a few programs.  If they are listening to 0/0:service
then they respond to requests immediately upon bringing up aliases.  Is it
0/0:53 on your netstat -anp | grep -i named?

> I have to restart the named daemon after the virtual IP
> address has been assigned that named binds to the virtual
> address. It listens on every address that is up when I start
> the daemon and not on those that are up after the start of named.
> Is there a chance to put the command "named restart" after
> the aquiration of the virtual address?

I still don't think you should need it, but I believe you can add this
functionality in /etc/ha.d/haresources.  For example,

your.server.goes.here      10.20.30.40 named