RealServers making requests to Virtual IP again?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RealServers making requests to Virtual IP again?
From: "Pedro C.G." <petecg_76@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:00:59 +0200
Hi,

I have set up a load balacing architecture using lvs. The Linux Director Server(LDS) is balancing requests amongst 3 real servers. The LDS is in 10.0.0.x network. The Real servers in 20.0.0.x.
The forwarding is done using NAT.

   ------------------------ 10.0.0.x
                | .1
               LDS
    |.1     |.2       |.3
    A       B         C

I have applications on the realservers as well that, from time to time, will have to use the virtual service that is being offered by the LVS. In other words, for example, a connection from an application running in A (20.0.0.1) will have to be able to make requests to the virtual service at 10.0.0.1. The question could be reasked in this way: Could a Real Server be a client of the virtual service even when this real server itself is actually hosting it?

Will that work?

If I try to use a simple telnet from A to LDS:virtualService it seems not work.
Many thanx

Reparaciones, servicios a domicilio, empresas, profesionales... Todo en la guía telefónica de QDQ. http://qdq.msn.es/msn.cfm