Routing weirdness

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Routing weirdness
From: "Sean Roe" <sroe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:52:29 -0700
Hi All,

I am having an issue with my LVS setup.  I have 12 web servers behind 2
LVSes (setup for redundancy and fall over)  they are set up for LV-NAT
and they work fine.  My issue is when the primary fails over to the
secondary.  It seems to take several minutes (~5) for the fallover to
complete.  Any ideas why?

The director interface (Real) on lvs1 (eth1): 10.4.2.43 The director
interface (Real) on lvs2 (eth1): 10.4.2.44

The virtual interface shared between lvses (eth1:0): 10.4.2.46

Here is the real weirdness: The http servers are set to route to
10.4.2.46 but when I do a traceroute it hits 10.4.2.43 as its first hop.

I am thinking that two real interfaces need to be moved to a separate
network (10.9.xx.xx) or something like that.  I thought I read something
about this a couple of nights ago but I cant find it now.  BTW the
directors are RH 2.1AS Advanced servers.

Thanks in Advance,
Sean