RE: Is there a way to be notified if a status change with ldirec tord

Subject: RE: Is there a way to be notified if a status change with ldirec tord
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:47:09 -0700
> Is there a way to be notified (like by email) when something
> changes as far as status?
>
> I assume there must be a way to do this

The proper place would be in the management software.  In your case,
ldirectord.  I've got a really ugly hack in ldirectord to allow this.  It's
for ldirectord from 2+ years ago, so I don't recommend it at all.  In fact,
I remember sending Horms the diff and I think he fell out of his chair
laughing and injured himself because he didn't sent back any notice ;-).
However, if you still want to see it you can let me know and I will forward
it to you.

Since you are a programmer I recommend grabbing ldirectord-cvs and plugging
in a few lines there and submitting the diff to Horms.  It shouldn't take
all that much time and would be a great feature to add.  I know I'd use it.