RE: Share Internet connection

Subject: RE: Share Internet connection
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:32:38 -0700
> Subject: Share Internet connection
>

> I'd like to share my internet connection with my private LAN using the
> cluster, i.e., the VIP act as gateway to my LAN but there is
> no services
> running on  the real servers. Is it possible to do that with
> LVS-DR? All
> what I read indicates that only the traffic destined to the
> realservers can
> be balanced.

Are you talking about using two internet connections and load-balancing?  If
so, one of the developers of LVS has written a nice kernel patch and
documentation.  It isn't related to LVS.  Here is the link:

http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/#routes - look for dead gateway && nano.
Also
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html (at the bottom you
will see a link to Julian's page)