LVS & syn pps

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS & syn pps
From: John Reuning <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 09:08:02 -0400
Does anyone know where I could look to find and fix a performance
ceiling with an LVS director that can't handle > 200 syn pps?  I enabled
irq affinity and napi (dual e1000 adapters), but it only raised the
limit from ~150 syn pps to ~200 syn pps.

The problem is that the director gets horribly sluggish with network
traffic.  It's still pretty responsive over a serial console.  From the
documentation, LVS is supposed to handle several k conn. per second,
right?

P.S. I don't expect someone to solve my problem for me, but avenues to
investigate would be very helpful. :)

Many thanks,

-jrr