Cisco switch configuration

Subject: Cisco switch configuration
From: "Sean Roe" <sroe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:21:46 -0700
Hi All,

I was looking for some info on cisco catalyst switches to help speed up
the failover between my two director boxes.  I have the following setup:

                     |--------|-----|WebServer1|
      -- |LVS01   |--|Cisco   |-----|WebServer2|
      |              |        |-----|WebServer3|
------|              |Catalyst|-----|WebServer4|
      |              |        |-----|WebServer5|
      -- |LVS02   |--|Switch  |-----|WebServer6|
 Virt      LVS                         Real
 IP        Servers                     Servers

My Problem is that if lvs01 fails lvs takes over the load but it takes
forever for the real servers to startusing the new one (5-6 minutes).
It also seems that it works faster if I actually restart the httpd on
each webserver. This is a LVS-NAT with multiple vertual IPS going to
different ports on the webservers.

Any suggestions?

Sean