Re: Very high inactive connections

Subject: Re: Very high inactive connections
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:03:56 -0400
Francois JEANMOUGIN wrote:

> If you are concerned about the look of the graphs, you can reduce the
> FIN_WAIT timeout in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/timeout_finwait.

Julian,
        I assume this is the director's private copy of the tcpip timeout
value for LVS connections. Are there any more variables like this?
Where are they documented? How long have they been around?

Thanks Joe

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx