Re: 2 machine cluster

Subject: Re: 2 machine cluster
From: "Salvatore D. Tepedino" <sal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:39:34 -0400
On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 08:16, David Bain wrote:
> I'm looking at creating simple cluster with 2 identical machines. Can
> LVS-NAT be setup with a hardware router in front of the 2 servers
> instead of using directord?

Not in the way you describe, but it can be done. Basically, you use one
of the real servers as the director as well. It will accept the
connections and forward some to the other server, and keep some for
itself.
Horms explains it all here:
http://www.ultramonkey.org/2.0.1/topologies/sl-ha-lb-overview.html

You don't have to use UltraMonkey to get this setup. I did the same
thing using these instructions w/ the standard LVS tools.

--
Salvatore D. Tepedino <sal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>