Re: none linux Load Balancer

Subject: Re: none linux Load Balancer
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:18:09 +0900
On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 06:50:30PM -0500, David Bain wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance. I'm on the learning curve.
> So effectively, this means that the minimum number of machines in an lvs
> configuration would be 3.

No, the minimum number is 1. You can have a linux director with one real
server, itself.

For practical purposes the minumum is usually 2. You can have the linux
director with two real servers, itself and another machine. You can make
this highly available by having active/standb-by linux directors, both
of which are real servers.

http://www.ultramonkey.org/2.0.1/topologies/sl-ha-lb-overview.html

But to do simple load balancing, you are right, 3 is the minimum number
that makese sense in a lot of ways. One linux director and two real servers.

http://www.ultramonkey.org/2.0.1/topologies/lb-overview.html

--
Horms