Re: linux router as loadbalancing director

Subject: Re: linux router as loadbalancing director
From: tito <extlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 May 2004 10:33:35 +0200
The load balancing it's working fine now.

I followed right the mini-HOWTO steps, but the problem was the
configure-lvs_0.9.4 script. It doesn't give support for 2.6.6 version
kernel.

I solved it changing just the rc.lvs_dr script generated by
configure-lvs, hiding the version of my kernel and also modifying the
check_function_in_kernel() function, the problem with this function was
that it compares the result of searching with grep -c into System.map
for ip_vs_init module, with 1, and in my kernel there are two references
to ip_vs_init (ip_vs_init and ip_vs_init_hash_table)

I don't know if there is a actual version of this script, but I hadn't
found it.

Thanks

tito

El mar, 25 de 05 de 2004 a las 16:56, Joseph Mack escribió:
> tito wrote:
>
> > I've added the patch, compiled the kernel with the
> > needed options (kernel 2.6.6) and tried to configure it with configure
> > script. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but int doesn't works at all.
>
> what are the errors that are output when the configure script runs?
>
> have you got a simple LVS-DR setup to work first using the instructions
> in the mini-HOWTO?
>
> what does "it doesn't work at all" mean?
> Joe

 Tito Eritja
 GnuPG key: FD022DAF ( http://www.keyserver.net/ )
 Key fingerprint = 31E3 7E17 3C59 DEEC 51AC  635C FF95 CC05 FD02 2DAF