Re: lvs-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 34

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 34
From: Jonathan Trott <jtrott@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 11:47:03 +1000

On 26 May 2004, at 18:33, Jonathan Trott <jtrott@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have downloaded the latest ldirectord from CVS (1.87 2004/05/07 08:53:33) to try and fix a problem we have been having with the fallback server remaining in the pool after a real server comes back online. According to this post <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual- server&m=106508659022945&w=2> in the mailing list that problem has been fixed in CVS. I haven't got around to testing the fallback code however, as the CVS version does not activate all of our server pools. Reverting back to 1.77 successfully added all real servers to all our pools. The procedure I used to update ldirectord was to copy the new ldirectord file over the top of the existing /usr/sbin/ldirectord and issuing a "service ldirectord restart".

<snip>

Are there any known problems with 1.87 I should be wary of? Is there another version with the fallback fix but without this new bug? Can anyone supply a patch so that I can fix this problem in 1.87? Unfortunately I don't have the time to come to grips with the ldirectord perl code :(
Thanks,
JT
I have tried other versions of the code in CVS and the last one that worked for me was 1.86. After that I don't get all my pools containing real servers. I will test 1.86 and see if the fallback problem has been solved. Who do I report bugs to regarding the 1.87 problem? BTW, the latest stable, 1.77.2.2 has the same problem as 1.87.
Thanks,
JT