Ldirectord does not load all real servers

Subject: Ldirectord does not load all real servers
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:56:52 +0900
On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:47:03AM +1000, Jonathan Trott wrote:

[snip]

> >Are there any known problems with 1.87 I should be wary of? Is there
> >another version with the fallback fix but without this new bug? Can
> >anyone supply a patch so that I can fix this problem in 1.87?
> >Unfortunately I don't have the time to come to grips with the
> >ldirectord perl code :(
> >Thanks,

> I have tried other versions of the code in CVS and the last one that
> worked for me was 1.86. After that I don't get all my pools containing
> real servers. I will test 1.86 and see if the fallback problem has been
> solved.
> Who do I report bugs to regarding the 1.87 problem? BTW, the latest
> stable, 1.77.2.2 has the same problem as 1.87.

This list is fine. But please put something to highlight this
as an ldirectord-related post in the title. CCing me can
also help draw my attention - I get a lot of email and sometimes
things stip through the cracks.

I made some changes in 1.87 which were merged into 1.77.2.2.
These were intended to resolve some outstanding problem relating
to the handling of real servers. It would seem some problems were
introduced.

Ldirectord is pretty easy to debug, just run it in the perl debugger
and you should be able to see what is going on. Failing that
please send me your ldirector.cf file and a description of the problem -
something a bit more detailed than what is above would help a lot.

--
Horms