Re: user counts keepalived vs ldirectord?

Subject: Re: user counts keepalived vs ldirectord?
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 15:47:55 +0100
Allen et al.

Maybee someone could set up a web poll ?

You could ask about real servers OS, number of servers etc ?
Might be quite interesting.

I can host PHP/mysql/postgresql if someone writes the script or do any web sites do this kind of thing for free ?

BTW, I find ldirectord simpler and it works, but not quite as powerfull.

Allen Pomeroy wrote:
Many months ago I started the process of setting up an LVS. First task was the decision of how to do this: 1. purchase a distro (like RedHat's clustering application packages), 2. find out what the popular options/projects were and pursue one.

After evaluating RedHat's offering I decided support and popularity was seriously lacking - so I turned to the LVS HOWTO and this list. I setup a 2.4.25 kernel and keepalived (LVS-NAT) which seems to work well, with some minor irritations which seem to be fixed in the latest 2.6 kernel versions.

So the question: which method seems to have the biggest install base? keepalived or ldirectord?

Thanks,
AP