Re: Clear the connection table immediately

Subject: Re: Clear the connection table immediately
From: Stefan Schlosser <castla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:01:15 +0200
* Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [040608 14:04]:
> > Thank you for kind and quick reply.
> > I tested removing ip_vs modules and it works.
> > It may be  helpful in the case I change the the weight setting of
> > all the real servers, and reflect it immediately.
>
> Ok, I think I understand.
> But it would only make a differnce if you have persistant virtual services.
>
> Is this what you are worried about? If so you really just want to
> remove the persistance templates from the connection table.
> Not all of the connection entries. I am not aware of a way to do that.
> Though perhaps the paches sent in response to your post can either do
> this or be modified to do it.

maybe it would be possible by defining a ip_vs_conn_flush_persist()
which does not call ip_vs_conn_expire_now(cp) - the connections - but
only ip_vs_conn_expire_now(ct) - the templates.

persistent templates get specified by cp->control through
ip_vs_control_add(), don't they ?

sounds good, will try...

> Note that if you remove all the connection entries, by any means,
> all existing connections will break.

right. flushing the connection table means dropping all active/inactive
connections.

--

warning: declaration does not declare anything