Re: Connection Synchronization question

Subject: Re: Connection Synchronization question
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:26:20 +0900
On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 10:53:27AM -0500, tuliol@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Currently I have connection synchronization working between directors.  The
> setup is configured by manually running the commands:
>
> ipvsadm --start-daemon master #Master Linux director
> ipvsadm --start-daemon backup #Slave Linux director
>
> My question is: Is there a way to automatically start those 2 processes by
> putting a setting in the ldirectord config file or somewhere else?

Ldirectord is one option. However it only really makes sense if
you are running it as a stand alone daemon, as you want the
synchronisation daemons running all the time.

If you are using something like heartbeat to start and stop ldirectord,
then you don't want the synchronisation daemons handled there,
else the synchronisation daemon won't run when the ldirectord
resource is relinqushed on a node, and this really isn't what you want.

ipvsadm has an init script, You should be able to use that
to start and stop the daemons.

--
Horms