Re: Geographic Loadbalancing..

Subject: Re: Geographic Loadbalancing..
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:57:54 +0900
On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 10:04:56AM -0400, jkreger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Actully, its BGP, and it shouldn't be a problem to trick it with a fake
> table.

I have some code to do this.
Basically it creates a small routing daemon, that gets
all its data from a list of routes you provide at run time.

Its here
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/supersparrow/supersparrow/ssrs/

I also have some code to help generate the list of routes
from BGP dumps from (Cisco) routers.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vanessa/scratch/inet_map/

And I have a patch to Bind 9 to add supersparrow support
http://www.supersparrow.org/download/wip/bind9/

All this needs a bit of polish, as appart from hacking on it
for my own personal use I haven't done any work on it for a while.
It does work, and is actually used for www.linuxvirtualserver.org

If you have questions, or are intrested in some
particular features, let me know.

--
Horms