load balancing traffic originating on the director - possible?

Subject: load balancing traffic originating on the director - possible?
From: lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:52:45 +0100 (BST)
Hey list,

so I'm still having problems related to my previous question:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-virtual-server&m=108799108508821&w=2

I've also asked a few other people, and notably Horms said:

> Ohh, and 127.0.0.1 is probably not what you want for your virtual
> service. LVS isn't particularly good at load balancing traffic
> from the linux director itself.

So maybe this is not possible. But the howto says (section 10.19.1 -
my emphasis):

> That apache [can] be running _on_ or in front of the LVS director. The
> apache can then make normal web connections to the internal machines
> which can be run through the LVS director and load balanced.

Which is what I want to do, and surely means that the director has to
load balance traffic originating from itself (the mod_proxy apache).

So, this is the final post. If no one can help then I'll assume its
impossible and just put the ssl on the real servers and not care too
much that I'm wasting my highly specced director.

Cheers for any help!

Matt

--
Virtual geese honking, Static caravan fan club, Hedgerow hypothesis,
Staffordshire bull terrier portraits...