Port redirection in LVS Localnode

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Port redirection in LVS Localnode
From: "Pablo Ares" <paresd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:42:44 +0200
Hi,

    I have a configuration with only two machines that act both as directors
and real servers (Localnode)
    With a Localnode configuration I alredy heard that you can´t make port
redirection/rewrite independently
    off the forwarding method (DR, TUN or NAT)

    I need por redirection because I want to offer a Virtual HTTP Service on
port 80, and map this service to two real servers
running Tomcat on port 8080 with an unprivileged account.

    Because LVS can´t do redirection, I tried with a iptables DNAT rule in the
PREROUTING CHAIN.

        iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -d VIP --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
VIP:8080

    This rule functions well for the traffic that is mapped to the local real
server, but the traffic that goes to the other real server returns
with source port 8080 to client (which causes a Reset of TCP connection by
client) I probed this configuration with LVS/NAT
and LVS/DR with forward_shared (source martians) patch.

    Is it possible to do port redirection in a Localnode environment?

Thanks in advance