LVS-NAT with public address space

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS-NAT with public address space
From: Adi Linden <adil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:03:47 -0500 (CDT)
I am having problems with LVS-NAT and iptables running on the same
director. For some reason iptables rules that do static NAT for traffic
originating from a real server quit working after some time.

One thought that came to mind is to give real servers real ip address
space. This would eliminate the need to NAT connections originating from
the real servers, instead just plain routing is needed on the director.

One problem remains that now I need a floating address on both sides of
the director, the original floating address used by the real servers as
default gateway and a floating address on the external side of the
director to route traffic for the real server network to. How can I do
this?

Thanks,
Adi