Re: Kernel 2.6.4 still need ARP patch?

Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.4 still need ARP patch?
From: Paolo Penzo <paolo.penzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 08:43:01 +0200
>   BTW: I want to build up realserver in windows 2000, someone give me example
> that add a Microsoft loopback adapter, others told me I need change to change
> register to disable ARP, which way is better?

To use windows 2k/2k3 as realserver:
1) add a loopback device
2) configure the VIP on it with netmask 255.255.255.250 (the dialog box
does not allow /32 netmasks!)
3) modify the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<you
interface CLASSID>\SubnetMask
in order to have a /32 netmask for the VIP (You can always use a /32
netmask configuring it on the register!)
That's all.

Paolo.