Re: My setting of LVS/DR...Still had problem

Subject: Re: My setting of LVS/DR...Still had problem
From: Mog <mogwai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 03:05:36 -0400
On Sun, 2004-08-01 at 02:26, Leo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   After 2 weeks testing, I come back and bother you again :-)
>
>   For now, I still can't open any page in client, and ActiveConn/InActConn in
> ipvsadm
> is always 0.
>
>   Anyone can give me some advice?
>
> PS:
> 1. I had open Routing and Remote Access service in Real Server(win2000)
> 2. Few one suggest me turn /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward to 0, so I had try
> both 0 and 1,
>    none of them is working.
Should be OFF

> 3. Each one can ping others, and client can get RealServer's testing page,
> Director
>    also can get RealServer's testing page

The client should be able to ping and receive arp reply from the
director. But you are not supposed to ping and receive arp reply from
the client to it's VIP adress. make sure the output of "route" cmd on
Director is somthing like :

Destination Gateway    Genmask    Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.1.0 *    255.255.255.0      U     0    0       0   eth0

this is all you need to have for the moment.

> 4. I'm using Redhat AS 3 as Director, it don't need any patch when it as
> Director
>    or RealServer, right?

I'm not familiar with the w2k ARP workaround. But please include your
tcpdump or ethereal result of a ping from the client to the VIP of one
of your realservers. Make sure the director is disconnected.

>    If anyone need more detail, please give me email or post in this list
>
>    Thanks a lot,
>                          Leo

You should work to get... at least, 1 inactive connection before we can
continu to investigate.

and... How all your gears are wired ? could you describe what is your
exact setup ?

Gaétan