LVS-NAT and packets originating from realserver

Subject: LVS-NAT and packets originating from realserver
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:12:57 +0200
Hi all,

I just have a question :). I need an update of this part of the
documentation:

4.11. In LVS-NAT, how do packets get back to the client, or how does the
director choose the VIP as the source_address for the outgoing packets?
 /Note/
This was written for 2.0.x and 2.2.x kernel LVSs which was based on the
masquerading code. With 2.4.x, LVS is based on netfilter and there were
initially some problems getting LVS-NAT to work with 2.4.x. What happens here
for 2.4.x, I don't know.

In fact, I have an LVS setup with nat realservers. In fact, the realservers
are used both ways. They can connect to external servers. I need to make the
VIP the source address of the outgoing packets.

I think I can do it with iproute2 and iptables, but I'm not sure how to do
it... Anyone already made it?

Thanks for any tips,

François.

Décharge / Disclaimer

Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
confidentiels et établis à l'intention exclusive des destinataires. Toute
utilisation ou diffusion non autorisée est interdite. Tout message électronique
étant susceptible d'altération, 123Multimédia et ses filiales déclinent toute
responsabilité au titre de ce message s'il a été altéré, déformé ou falsifié.

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended
solely for the addressees. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Therefore neither 123Multimédia nor any
of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered,
changed or falsified.