LVS-DR UDP Service probem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS-DR UDP Service probem
From: Mike Machado <mmachado@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:00:58 -0700
I have a LVS-DR setup with two realservers. My service is a voip
application, SIP specifically. I am trying to balance requests between
the two. I have all the LVS stuff setup, and was able to get the telnet
test to work properly. With UDP though, there seems to be a problem.
When the application is forming its reply, it uses the realserver as the
source IP, instead of the VIP, as it does with the telnet test. I assume
this is because UDP is stateless. I tried to SNAT the packets back to
the correct IP, but you cannot SNAT locally generated packets.

I was able to change my voip application to just BIND to the VIP, but
due to the nature of this application, it needs to be able to
communicate on both the VIP and the RIP, I just want reply packets to
use the same source IP and the inbound packets.

Anyone come across this problem for UDP applications, along with a
possible solution?