Client & Director on same machine

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Client & Director on same machine
From: "Manuel U.C." <mugarte@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:40:17 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I have some doubts and I need to know if you can provide me of some tips and
some help.
I need to make that the same machine that runs as director, also runs as a
single client. I have seen several solutions to this problem, nevertheless none
of them have seemed to work properly. I would highly appreciate it if you could
give me a hint on where I am going wrong and possibly some tips and shortcuts
so as to solve the problem. Should I do this in LVS-NAT, LVS-DR, or LVS-Tunnel?
Do I need need to apply any iptables rules (director and/or realserver)?
Should I patch the IPVS source code?

Once again I will highly appreciate any help I can get.
Best regards,

Manuel U.