Re: Soekris, or other small embedded hardware?

Subject: Re: Soekris, or other small embedded hardware?
From: Jacob Coby <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:28:03 -0400
Clint Byrum wrote:
Thats not encouraging. I need something fairly cheap.. otherwise I might
as well go down the commercial load balancer route. What do others use
for setups like this? Cheapest 1U's I can find are about $750 USD.

We use the cheapest dell 1U rackmount server we could find running LVS-DR. It's a 2.0ghz celeron with 512mb (free upgrade!), the cheapest IDE hdd, and no additional options. We average about 2mbit out and 300kbit in (about 300 pps). When we need redundancy with the load balancers, we'll buy another similar system.