Re: taking a realserver offline

Subject: Re: taking a realserver offline
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 08:32:52 +0100
A brutal disconnect is the usual way to go, ldirectord handles it cleanly I assume keepaliced does as well.
In ldirectord quiescent should be set to zero.

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull.

Loadbalancer.org Limited
+44 (0)7715 770523
http://www.loadbalancer.org/

" When a single point of failure is not an option"

Why not try our online demonstration <http://www.loadbalancer.org/demo.html> ? Or get answers to common questions <http://www.loadbalancer.org/fud.html> ?

Duran, Richard wrote:

Is it possible to take a realserver offline in such a way that existing connections are immediately
redirected to another realserver? We've had the need to do this before and don't know what else to
do beyond either (1) setting the weight to "0" and iterating through a process of
disconnecting "inactive" users/sessions and hoping that they don't reconnect within the 5
minute persistence_timeout, or (2) removing the host-specific entry from keepalived.conf (brutally
disconnecting everyone).

-richard