RE: Strange ping and resolving behaviour

Subject: RE: Strange ping and resolving behaviour
From: "Easytrans Systems (Laurie Baker)" <lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 08:18:18 +0100
Sent: 06 October 2004 07:44
Subject: Strange ping and resolving behaviour

I think we would need to know more about the DNS setup you are using. It
most certainly sounds to be a DNS issue but why one  request responds
directly and others with delay sounds suspicious.

Have you done any tests "nslookup's" from the director and or from a RS
using a different DNS servers?

e.g.
nslookup mtv.com ns1.someotherdns.com
&