Re: ldirectord & ldap

Subject: Re: ldirectord & ldap
From: Christophe Husson <christophe.husson1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:45:19 +0200
Horms a écrit :

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 11:23:55AM +0200, Christophe Husson wrote:
Hi,
I have been using LVS & ldirectord (v 1.2.3-1) with debian sarge.
My LVS is used to load balance two Zope clients and two ldap servers.
My ldirectord.conf file is :

checktimeout=10
checkinterval=2
autoreload=no
#Zope part
virtual=192.168.96.52:80
     real=192.168.96.33:80 ipip
     real=192.168.96.34:80 ipip
     service=http
     request="index_html"
     receive="Zope"
     scheduler=rr
     protocol=tcp
#LDAP part
virtual=192.168.96.52:389
     real=192.168.196.87:389 ipip
     real=192.168.196.88:389 ipip
     checktype=negotiate
     request="dc=cellule,dc=departement,dc=cellule?o"
     receive="achats"
     scheduler=rr
     protocol=tcp

For Zope, no problem, it works fine.
For LDAP, if I use checktype=connect and no request/receive directives it works but if I use checktype=negotiate as above it doesn't work. I probably don't understand how request/receive work for ldap.
Even using the conf file example, something like  :
request="dc=cellule,dc=departement,dc=cellule"
receive="dc=cellule,dc=departement,dc=cellule"
it doesn't work.
I would be happy to be explained how request/receive work for ldap.

That looks like it should work. If you run ldirectord with the
-d flag then the resulting log might shed some light on
what aspect of the ldap check is failing.

Hi,
after processing ldirectord -d I get :
Linux Director Daemon terminated on signal : Can't locate Encode/ConfigLocal.pm .... I found it was necessary to run enc2xs -C to solve the problem (but I don't know why). Anyway this command finishes with :
Generating /usr/lib/perl/5.8/Encode/ConfigLocal.pm...
/ConfigLocal_PM.e2x : no file or directory of this type at /usr/bin/enc2xs line 1023
so it doesn't work.
I probably need something else.
Any idea ?
regards.