keepalived script problem.

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: keepalived script problem.
From: Fredrik Månsson <fredrik.mansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:44:14 +0200
Hello list..

I have some troube with my keepalived script, or something related to it.
If I want to reload my configuration, or use the script for any other reason.
Here is what is happening with the diffrent options.

/etc/init.d/keepalived stop             - Nothing happens att all. I still have
my 3 keepalived procs.

/etc/init.d/keepalived start            - Starts a new set of 3 keepalived
procs. Independent of how many was allready started.

/etc/init.d/keepalived restart  - Starts a new set of 3 keepalived procs. If
new configuration was specified in keepalived.conf this is added. If
configuration was removed in keepalived.conf this is not removed for the runing
config.

/etc/init.d/keepalived reload           - 1 keepalived proc is killed. (I think
it is the healthchecker, but I am not sure). Nothing else happens in this case.

Note; I am running "Direct Return" forwarding method on all my VIP´s. (lb_kind
DR)
I cant find anything unusual in the logfiles.

What should i look for? Any pointers appreciated!

Kind Regards,
Fredrik Mansson.

Fredrik Månsson | fredrik.mansson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx